Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Trying to make it all real. . .

I've been contemplating keeping a more "professional" blog for thoughts on poetry, frustrations, publications, ruminations, etc for a while and my fabulous poetry group last night inspired me to go full force and do it. Since I am working on my exams for the next nine months, this will be a good place for me to write what I'm thinking about the stuff I'm reading and see if there's anyone who would actually read this:) MAYBE my poet friends. I doubt anyone else. But the point, I suppose, is to claim my status as a poet with serious and intelligent ideas; to proclaim myself as a force to be wreckoned with. . .though it's scary, as usual, to put myself out there.

I do keep another blog of my more "personal" thoughts on livejournal.com, more of a way to keep in touch with my friends who live far away and keep connected with them, though it is probably important to point out that many of them are also artists (dancers, mostly) and there is many-a-discussion about inspiration, success, etc in terms of the creative process.

Now I have to actually do some writing of the scholarly persuasion about three essays I've read by Lyn Hejinian, Rachel Blau DuPlessis, and Kathleen Fraser. I'll probably post the finished product of my "paragraphs" when they're done. Hope everyone enjoys reading this, or at least that it makes you think about. . .something.

No comments: