Sunday, March 15, 2015

knackered

Today's 30/30 poem. Writing it in a bit of a rush since I almost completely forgot about it today. Yikes!

knackered

forget the clock. you wouldn't have followed me here if you didn't know what you were in for. lorries and water closets and all that jazz. it's the ides of march, the glass half full of days and movement and colors. how do you teach your child to stay away from broken glass, the glitter and allure of something sharp destined to destroy you? I barely touched it, he says. you don't know how sharp it could have been, how it could have made a small hole and crawled inside so slowly you don't even recognize the faces after a while. I say this more slowly than I need to. hide and seek. I'm tired from saying it so many times. you can't face the truth. or you've heard it too many times to hear it.

1 comment:

HerbalSite said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.